Sunday, July 02, 2006

You've all been waiting for this: The Gifted and Talented Adults Blog

Remember when you were in school and you got labeled? Kind of comforting, wasn't it? Like, you're exceptionally good in THIS, and you get a little gold star on your forehead and you really don't have to worry about track because you can (enter your "star" quality here ______________) Or did I just have a wierd school experience? At any rate, I just found the Gifted and Talented Adult Blog! I swear to you that I thought it was a dating service, but (!) it's not! I personally find it highly entertaining (for five minutes), because it seems to describe what's wrong with a series of gifted and talented people (and types.) I know these people! Parts of it even sound like my dating diary from a few decades ago. "Extremely bright, but seems to belong locked in a closet somewhere." "Very bright, seems to be addicted to everything, including the new one: breath mints." "Will undoubtedly become a multimillionaire which is good; he'll be able to afford a LOT of therapy." I'm not sure if it's the Silicon Valley, or just bright people, but the diagnosis thing is just too easy. Naaa. I'm probably just over it. Like I said earlier, this stuff is probably best left to twenty-something dating women (I refer you to a classic from my twenties: If you can't live without me, why aren't you dead yet?) But it's always good to have a tool that provides social lubrication and entertainment. Can you find yourself in here? How about your business partner? cheers!

1 Comments:

Blogger Catana said...

Just found your post (belatedly) through a Google blog search. I was so excited a few weeks ago when I found a mention of the Gifted and Talented Adults site. What a comedown. I keep hoping that I'm not really the only person on the entire web who writes regularly about gifted adults, but it appears to be so. It's very lonely out there.

Keep on being anachronistic. Your child will thank you for it some day.

http://giftedadults.wordpress.com

Thursday, September 21, 2006 11:13:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home