Saturday, September 09, 2006

Methamphetamine

About a month ago, I helped a girlfriend whose brother is a meth addict. She was looking for information on a new treatment. I used to do medical research as my public service, so I figured I'd help out. I was amazed to see how much methamphetamine use there was. Sure, I'd heard little mentions of it, but when I started doing Google searches, I saw all of this stuff in (what I thought of as) verdant little hamlets in Tennessee, Ohio, Wisconsin, and so forth. I might be wrong about the hamlet thing, but studies are showing that our midwest and our "country" areas are being rocked horizontal by the meth stuff. Here's an interesting article that tells you about "meth" and shows you the affects of it on a user (who has since died, btw.) Courtesy of digg.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home