Saturday, November 19, 2005

Thank you Stanford, for bringing back The Strand

This is utterly cool. On Jan 27, 2006, Stanford will begin to re-release a collection of Sherlock Holmes stories and novels – free of charge and as they originally appeared in The Strand Magazine. This year, subscribers will receive weekly selections from Arthur Conan Doyle’s early Holmes stories, as well as the early novel, The Hound of the Baskervilles. Is that great, or what? I've adored Sherlock Holmes since I was nine. That was the year I spent reading every Sherlock Holmes mystery and playing with my chemistry set! (Not a lot of pink where I grew up.) :-) You can enroll yourself or your friends by going to the website, http://sherlockholmes.stanford.edu Make sure you sign up before Jan 10 - that's when it starts. For more info, you can email them at sherlockholmes@stanford.edu.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home