Sunday, September 18, 2005

"God Bless" - "Gotta Blast"

My husband requested that I put this into my blog. He finds it very amusing. So here goes. My son hasn't watched very many movies. I think Toy Story (minus the sadistic neighbor) is it. Oh. Jungle Book, but he didn't really like it, since he'd already seen the musical (which he adored.). At any rate, my husband let him see "Jimmy Neutron," as I've mentioned. "The kid with the huge brain." It turned him rocket crazy overnight. Nice, since the Harry Potter obsession was wearing thin (and no, he's never seen the movie. He was introduced to THAT at the Damn Apple Store, watching the game.). But, as usual, I digress. About two weeks ago, my son, in the middle of the day, took to saying "God Bless." I let it go once, and that was enough for me. "We don't say that," I said the next time. He didn't really even pause, just continued on. But it happened again. "Honey, I said, we don't say "God Bless."" I would have gone into reasons, but he didn't see interested. Why not a simple "have a nice day?" I thought. I never really made all that much out of it and neither did he, but one day while talking with my husband in the car, Simon said it again. "Who on earth is saying "God Bless" to our kid? I asked. My husband looked at me and started laughing. "Is that what you've been talking about?" he said? "He's saying "Gotta blast!" Ahem.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home