Wednesday, November 24, 2004

recipes

You know, I'm hoping that I'll get to host Thanksgiving at my house by the time I'm 45. I don't get to cook again this year, but here are three of my favorite recipes... Scandinavian Red Cabbage one large red cabbage, chopped into pieces (about 1/4 inch strips). 1/2 C water 1/2 C white or apple cider vinegar 1/2 C brown sugar 1 cinnamon stick 6 cloves shred cabbage, cook in a covered pot for 2 hours. It's WONDERFUL and scandinavian. sweet potatoes with tequila and lime mash sweet potatoes. Put in some sugar, and then tequila and lime to taste. Grand. gingered cranberry sauce Make ordinary cranberry sauce (from scratch, yes... it's not rough). Add grated orange peel (about 1 tbsp) and finely chopped giner (about 3/4 tsp)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home