Sunday, March 13, 2005

carseat suffering

I cannot remember for the life of me where the Catholics say that you go when you die. I certainly should remember, since a dear Catholic friend walked up to my grandmother and told her that my grandfather was there when he died (always such a help, comments like that.) At any rate, I just went on the internet to try to find the place... hmmn, you die, you go there and wait. Ah, forget about it. Brain's gone. [Ed. Note: HA!!! Purgatory. Who could forget THAT? Gosh, I guess I am just really not in tune with sin, etc.] At any rate, I'm there with my Britex husky, which seems to be the linebacker of five point harness carseats. Yup. We're in our own private version of "No Exit," sitting in a faceless hotel room, trying to hide our own selves from one another. Or something like that. So you buy this thing and it comes in its 4.5 foot high box (fun for climbing in, btw) and you open it and there is NO DOCUMENTATION. Yup. Nada. There are instructions on the side, but they refer to things like tethers and clasps (which my 2000 car doesn't seem to have, although I have to admit it WAS night when I was thrusting my arms underneath the seats muttering imprecations to myself. Hmmph. So then you're supposed to wrap the seatbelt through it. Doesn't work. Around it? Wouldn't click. Ugh. OK, if you go to this link it will tell you where you can find an expert in your area to help with a carseat! I never understood this "need an expert" thing, but this carseat is, um, special. (sigh)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home